At OX & WOLF we realize that commercial contracts are at the heart of our client’s business. We are specialist in drafting and advising on a range of commercial contracts. We are committed to fully understand your wishes, needs and goals in any stage of contract negotiations. Our partnering approach allows us to act as an extension of your company providing proactive and tailored service. We help you getting the deal done.
At OX & WOLF we have vast experience in setting up the design, maintenance, and modification of (cross border) corporate structures. Our specialist expertise includes the drafting of tailored corporate documentation, setting up of investment funds, incorporating and setting up of companies, trusts, segregated trust companies, (private) foundations, partnerships and joint ventures. Combined with the experience of the OX & WOLF partners in the field of adjacent areas we are able to advise you on the full range of legal issues that can arise in a corporate and M&A transaction.
At OX & WOLF we specialize in strategically advising and assisting clients on all employment related matters. We focus on the prevention of disputes and proceedings. However, in case proceedings are inevitable, we make sure to do all that is necessary to achieve the results needed for our clients.
- Labor related matters in reorganizations, mergers & acquisitions
- (Collective) labor disputes
- Collective and individual redundancy law
- Immediate dismissals
- Collective dismissals
- Hiring of employees for new legal entities in the Dutch Caribbean region (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius)
- Drafting of employment-, management- and settlement agreements
- Interpretation of employment contracts and terms
- Interpretation of collective labor agreements
- Redundancy payments
- Employer’s liability
- Dispute resolution in the broadest sense.
Contact: Karina Keizer
OX & WOLF advises and litigates on a broad range of insurance and liability matters. We always strive to find practical and businesslike solutions as costly litigation should be the last resort.
We act in coverage disputes, advise on policy wording and make sure insurers comply with the regulatory requirements that apply in the Dutch Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, SintEustatiusand St. Maarten).
Our clients consist of (re)insurers, insurance agents, brokers and insureds, but we also assist contractors, constructors, ship owners, manufacturers and banks in all type of liability matters.Acting for both insurers and insureds, we perfectly understand both perspectives.
- Accidents and casualties
- Breach of contracts
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Fire and theft insurance
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Marine insurance
- Medical malpractice
- Personal injury
- Product liability
- Professional liability
- Wrongful act
- Property Damage and Business Interruption
Our expertise has been called upon for years by owners of well-known brands to creative individuals and from cross-border operating telecommunication services providers to small commercial businesses. We have a global view with local knowledge of the specific circumstances and laws that are relevant in your situation.
- Advise on the protection of copyrights, trademarks, patents and advertising campaigns
- Manage trademark portfolios
- Draft and review agreements on licensing, franchise, distribution and any type of IT contract
- Assist in intellectual property infringement cases
- Litigate in interconnection disputes between telecommunication companies in Curaçao, Aruba, Sint Maarten and BES Islands
- Scan your privacy protection policy
- Act as legal sparring partner in your e-commerce start-up.
Contact: Carine Jänsch
At OX & WOLF we always try to avoid costly litigation. Yet, sometimes it is unavoidable. We understand you want a certain result, not a surprise. A result that meets your goals and enables you to return your attention to your business.
We tailor our strategy to your needs. Aggressive if circumstances so demand and more relaxed if lenience is better for the final result of your case. Our extensive experience in the courts of the Dutch Caribbean, enables us to skillfully and tactically litigate various types of cases in a cost-effective and result-driven manner. Should a settlement be appropriate, the partners of OX & WOLF are competent to efficiently guide you through negotiations, (international) arbitration or mediation.
- Arrests, attachments, seizures of all sorts of assets
- (Complex) collection
- Auctions and court-approved private sales
- Contract disputes
- Fraud conflicts
- Professional negligence
- Construction, engineering, real estate, banking and telecommunication disputes
- Intellectual property infringement
At OX & WOLF we advise on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues. The partners of OX & WOLF are competent to efficiently guide you through any laws, guidelines, recommendations and policies to make sure that your organization complies with all demands, both national and international.
Among our clients requiring regulatory assistance are banks, fund administrators, insurers, telecommunications services providers, parties in the pharmaceutical industry, companies of all type as well as governmental organizations.
Prevention is better than cure. Yet, in the unfortunate event that some form of non-compliance is detected, we will provide proactive solutions and have experience in defending regulatory enforcement actions.
- Financial markets regulation
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Food- and Drug Administration
- Import- and Export (customs requirements)
- KYC requirements
- Permits for unusual transactions
- Corporate governance
OX & WOLF has vast experience in the maritime practice within the Dutch Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, Sint Eustatius and St. Maarten). We understand the unique challenges of our maritime clients and are able to provide the quick and practical advises they are searching for.
Our clients consist of ship owners, agents, charterers, managers, P&I Clubs, insurers, cargo owners, cargo handling companies, maritime authorities, ports, shipbuilders and mortgagees. We advise them on various legal aspects and efficiently represent them in legal proceedings.
The Dutch Caribbean, is popular for arrests and judicial sales of vessels. The process is quick, straightforward, cost-efficient and enables the claimant to be in control. The partners of OX & WOLF are ready to strategically navigate you through this process.
We also assist with (re)financing, sale, purchase and (de)registrations of vessels. Having a strong local network, we get things done in the Dutch Caribbean waters, as quick and efficient as you need.
OX & WOLF provides specialized legal services concerning the purchasing, financing, development, management, construction and sale and lease of residential and commercial property, including litigation and arbitration in real estate related matters.
The real estate sector in the Dutch Caribbean, i.e. Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius and Sint Maarten, is experiencing significant growth. At OX & WOLF we know the ins and outs of the property market.
Our client base includes institutional and other investors, real estate developers, construction companies, banks and housing associations. We also frequently advise homeowners’ associations, real estate agents, civil-law notaries and architects and government entities.
- Purchase and sale of real property
- Drafting and review of purchase agreements and transfer deeds
- Construction law
- Project development
- Project financing
- Apartment rights and homeowners’ associations
- Rights in rem: easement, long lease, right of superficies, right of usufruct
- Security rights and enforcement of security rights
- Renting and letting
- Liability of real estate agents
- Government liability
- Hidden defects
- Rent disputes
Contacts: Michiel van den Brink