Insolvency, Restructuring, and Recovery
The lawyers of OX & WOLF provide legal advice in restructuring, (cross-border) insolvency and recovery matters to both companies in financial distress and to creditors of entities that are dealing with financial difficulties. We also frequently advise on directors’ liability issues.
At OX & WOLF, we cover the full spectrum of legal services that may be required when facing insolvency. We assist in debt restructuring, negotiating out of court settlements and can assist in bankruptcy applications. We furthermore advise in respect of the vesting, validity and enforcement of security rights and matters concerning fraudulent preference.
Our lawyers are experts in debt collection with expert knowledge of recovery measures available under the laws of the respective Dutch Caribbean jurisdictions, Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten and Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, such as garnishment orders and the attachment of property.
OX & WOLF’s lawyers have extensive experience with Chapter 15 applications (which allows representatives of a corporate bankruptcy proceeding outside the U.S. access to U.S. bankruptcy courts).
Our clients include financial institutions, corporations, management and supervisory boards and governmental supervisors.
- Emergency regulation (noodregeling)
- Suspension of payments (surseance van betaling)
- Bankruptcy (faillissement)
- Strategic advice
- Director’s liability (bestuurdersaansprakelijkheid)
- Liability of shareholders (aandeelhoudersaansprakelijkheid)
- Vesting, validity and enforcement of security rights
- Debt collection
- Attachments (conservatoir, executoriaal beslag)
- Fraudulent preference (pauliana)
- Corporate litigation
- Compulsory composition and out of court settlement (gerechtelijk dwangakkoord, buitengerechtelijk akkoord)